Sunday, December 6, 2009

Monster monkey dolls at toy art show


These monkeys were designed by Bianca Panzram.

I went to the MF Gallery opening of the 2009 MF Toy Show last night in Brooklyn, NY. There were lots of crazy toys designed by talented artists. I wanted to take everything home. Some of it was gross, some was cute, some was weird, but nothing was conventional, and everything was inspirational.
These simple striped monkeys by Bianca Panzram were my favorites.
Artists and studios included:
Cupco! (fun site!)
Elmer Presslee (bonus monkey on the front page of the site)
Nikki Taylor (did I find the right artist here?)
Mary Doyle (bonus chimp on front page of the site :)

I'm thinking of heading back to buy a piece or two. I highly recommend it if you are into toys, in the toy industry, or just need to be inspired by some wicked art.

No comments: